Application requirements and selection criteria for the Advanced Honors Program:
- Completion of at least 45 credit hours at the time of application.
- UB GPA of at least 3.5.
- One letter of reference from UB faculty. Transfer students may use references from faculty at a previous institution. Letters from TAs, graduate students, academic advisors, employers, and coaches will not be accepted.
- Two short essays (each a maximum of 250 words): 1. Describe how your previous and future activities, both inside and outside of the classroom, have critically shaped your education. 2. Give us an example of a significant problem or issue in which you are interested—past or present, aesthetic, political, cultural, environmental, scientific, etc.—and how it was or is being, or ought to be, tackled. If you wish, this issue may be a preliminary thought/idea for your future thesis project.
- A completed Advanced Honors Program Application.
- October 1 for fall admission
- March 1 for spring admission
Last updated: February 09, 2017 2:17 pm EST