Application requirements and selection criteria for the Advanced Honors Program:
- Completion of at least 45 credit hours at the time of application.
- UB GPA of at least 3.5.
- One letter of reference from UB faculty. Transfer students may use references from faculty at a previous institution. Letters from TAs, graduate students, academic advisors, employers, and coaches will not be accepted.
- Two short essays (each a maximum of 250 words): 1. Describe how your previous and future activities, both inside and outside of the classroom, have critically shaped your education. 2. Give us an example of a significant problem or issue in which you are interested—past or present, aesthetic, political, cultural, environmental, scientific, etc.—and how it was or is being, or ought to be, tackled. If you wish, this issue may be a preliminary thought/idea for your future thesis project.
- A completed Advanced Honors Program Application.
Fall 2017 Advanced Honors Program Information Sessions
- Wednesday, August 30 at 2:00pm in 109 Capen Hall
- Thursday, August 31 at 11:00am in 108 Capen Hall
- Wednesday, September 6 at 4:00pm in 109 Capen Hall
- Thursday, September 7 at 2:00pm in 107 Capen Hall
- Tuesday, September 12 at 3:30pm in 108 Capen Hall
- Friday, September 15 at 10:00am in 107 Capen Hall
- October 1 for fall admission
- March 1 for spring admission
Last updated: October 20, 2017 1:02 pm EST