Application requirements and selection criteria for the Advanced Honors Program:
- Completion of at least 45 credit hours at the time of application.
- UB GPA of at least 3.5.
- One letter of reference from UB faculty submitted to email@example.com. Transfer students may use references from faculty at a previous institution. Letters from TAs, graduate students, academic advisors, employers and coaches will not be accepted.
- Two short essays (each a maximum of 250 words):
- Describe how your previous and future activities, both inside and outside of the classroom, have critically shaped your education.
- Give us an example of a significant problem or issue in which you are interested — past or present, aesthetic, political, cultural, environmental, scientific, etc. — and how it was or is being, or ought to be, tackled. If you wish, this issue may be a preliminary thought/idea for your future thesis project.
- A completed Advanced Honors Program Application.
Spring 2020 Advanced Honors Program Information Sessions
Tuesday, January 28 at 3:30 pm in 107 Capen Hall
Wednesday, January 29 at 2:00 pm in 107 Capen Hall
CANCELLED...Thursday, January 30 at 12:30 pm in 107 Capen Hall
Monday, February 3 at 4:00 pm in 107 Capen Hall
Tuesday, February 4 at 11:00 am in 106 Capen Hall (meeting room)
Friday, February 7 at 11:00 am in 107 Capen Hall
- October 1 for fall admission
- March 1 for spring admission
Last updated: January 27, 2020 8:53 am EST