Application requirements and selection criteria for the Advanced Honors Program:
- Completion of at least 45 credit hours at the time of application.
- UB GPA of at least 3.5.
- One letter of reference from UB faculty submitted to email@example.com. Transfer students may use references from faculty at a previous institution. Letters from TAs, graduate students, academic advisors, employers and coaches will not be accepted.
- Two short essays (each a maximum of 250 words):
- Describe how your previous and future activities, both inside and outside of the classroom, have critically shaped your education.
- Give us an example of a significant problem or issue in which you are interested — past or present, aesthetic, political, cultural, environmental, scientific, etc. — and how it was or is being, or ought to be, tackled. If you wish, this issue may be a preliminary thought/idea for your future thesis project.
- A completed Advanced Honors Program Application.
Fall 2020 Advanced Honors Program Information Sessions
Six information sessions have been scheduled to address any questions you may have about the program. The sessions will take place via Zoom meeting on:
- Thursday, Sept. 3 at 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 4 at 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 9 at 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 10 at 1 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 11 at 3 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 14 at 1 p.m.
If possible, please plan on attending one of these meetings if you are interested in the program, as all aspects of the Advanced Honors Program application process and requirements will be covered.
For Zoom meeting info, please RSVP at least 24 hours prior to the meeting time.
- October 1 for fall admission
- March 1 for spring admission
Last updated: August 24, 2020 10:29 am EST