Advanced Honors Program Requirements
To graduate from the Honors College, Advanced Honors Scholars are required to complete 16 credits of coursework to include the following requirements:
- 1 credit hour of HON 299: Advanced Honors Colloquium to be completed the 1st year in the program.
- 6 credit hours of Honors coursework (chosen from the following):
- Contract Honors coursework (at the 200 level or higher)
- Departmental Honors Coursework (at any level, departmental honors courses or honors-versions of courses; i.e. Honors Physics I or II, Honors Calculus I, II or III, and Departmental Honors requirements for Psychology, Management, etc.)
- Graduate Coursework
- Honors Seminar (enrollment limited to available seats)
- 3 credit hours of Honors experiential coursework (chosen from the following):
- 6 credit hours of thesis coursework* (any combination of the following):
- *If only 3 credit hours of thesis coursework are required to complete the thesis, an additional 3 credit hours of Honors coursework or experiential coursework must be completed. Undergraduate thesis research coursework is generally completed through research (498) or independent study (499) credits as determined with your faculty mentor.
8 credits must be completed by the end of the junior year to maintain good standing in the Honors College in addition to maintaining a 3.5 UB undergraduate GPA.
Last updated: February 21, 2019 11:14 am EST