- Departmental Course Number – 496.
- Minimum is 1 credit.
- For every 45 hours completed, 1 credit is awarded.
- Up to a maximum of 6 credit hours may be earned per internship.
Please Note: Honors Scholars already enrolled in departmental internship/co-op
credit (e.g., MAE 496, ES 429, theatre practicums) do not need to follow the process
detailed below in order to receive Honors experience credit as the
credits will automatically be picked up during our review.
- If your department is not able to offer you internship credit, the Honors
College can register you in HON 496. You will need to submit a Contract for Co-Op/Internship and it must be received by the drop/add deadline for the semester you would like to receive these credits.
- HON 496 is a pass/fail course and does not receive a letter grade.
- HON 496 is only available for fall or spring semester internships. If you will be participating in an internship over the winter or summer, you must submit a petition for the internship experience to count as Honors credits.
- To qualify for academic credit, the internship should incorporate academic study or theory into the work you are performing (not limited to your major).
- A final assessment, including a letter grade, from your site manager is required.
- You must complete the journal and reflection paper requirements (as per the Guidelines for Co-Ops and Internships).
Last updated: February 05, 2019 4:27 pm EST