- Departmental Course Number – 498.
- Minimum is 1 credit.
- If your department is not able to offer you research credit, the Honors College can register you in HON 498. You will need to submit a contract and it must be received by the Drop/Add deadline for the semester you would like to receive these credits. If you are receive credit through your department, you do not need to do any paperwork for the Honors College as the credits will automatically be picked up once the grade is posted.
- A final evaluation must be submitted from your faculty supervisor.
- In order to receive HON 498 credit, you must work with a UB full faculty member.
- If research is done through another institution, you can still receive Honors credit if you are completing an REU at another school by submitting an Honors Petition.
- Other examples include: CHE 290 Undergraduate Research
- Many of the competitive fellowship and scholarships students have engaged in multiple research projects both at UB and through funded summer REUs (Research Experience for Undergraduate. Click on the link for a great search engine for funded research opportunities.
Last updated: October 16, 2018 11:22 am EST