- Departmental Course Number – 498.
- Minimum is 1 credit.
- For every 45 hours completed, 1 credit is awarded.
- Up to a maximum of 6 credit hours may be earned per research experience.
Please Note: Honors Scholars already enrolled in departmental research credit (e.g., PSY 498, CHE 290) do not need to follow the process detailed below in order to receive Honors experience credit as the credits will automatically be picked up.
- If your department is not able to offer you research credit, the Honors College can register you in HON 498. You will need to submit a research contract and it must be received by the drop/add deadline for the semester you would like to receive these credits.
- A final evaluation must be submitted from your faculty supervisor.
- In order to receive HON 498 credit, you must work with a UB full faculty member.
- If research is done through another institution, you can still receive Honors credit if you are completing an REU at another school by submitting an Honors Petition.You should also submit an Honors Petition to receive Honors credit if you are conducting research at UB during the summer or winter term.
- Many of the competitive fellowship and scholarships students have engaged in multiple research projects both at UB and through funded summer REUs (Research Experience for Undergraduates). Click on the link for a great search engine for funded research opportunities.
Last updated: February 05, 2019 5:13 pm EST