Students in the News
Honors Scholars participate in a variety of activities that are often featured in the media. Here are some recent stories about our students.
- September 12, 2018: Reflections of a Marshall Scholar. Advanced Honors Program Scholar Sean Kaczmarek details the life-changing experience of this prestigious honor.
- April 19, 2016: ASTC/USITT Student/Consultant Theatre Renovation Challenge 2016. Congratulations Kelsey Liz Habla on winning First Place in the Competition!.
- March 3, 2016: Undergrads take their research to Albany. Two Honors scholars shared their research with SUNY Leaders.
- April 7, 2015: Three Engineering Students Win Coveted Goldwater Scholarships. Have you heard? We have three Goldwater Scholars! Congratulations to Stephanie, Sharon and Kristina!
- January 9, 2014: Honors Scholar Wins Second Place in the 2013 Simulink Student Challenge. View Kristina Monakhova's award winning video "Development of Arm Controller for Robotic Satellite Servicing".
- December 24, 2013: UB student Philip Tucciarone wins esteemed Marshall Scholarship — Marshall Scholarships are awarded to no more than 40 American college students each year. Recently, a University at Buffalo student became just the second in UB’s history to win the prestigious award. WBFO’s Jay Moran spoke with both.
- May 24, 2013: From Studying at UB to Rooming Together at MIT. Engineering students win National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship.
- July 4, 2013: Curtis salutatorian Rachel Aigen receives Presidential Scholarship. Incoming Presidential Scholar recognized in her home town paper.
- April 8, 2013: UB Students Change Lives in Honduras with Volunteer Service Abroad — Emily Fiore and Jesse Hanchett spent their spring break in Honduras with UB's first Global Brigades Public Health Chapter.
- Dec. 7, 2012: UB Undergraduate Receives American Society for Microbiology Fellowship — Congratulations to Courtney Szyjka who will be pursuing a graduate degree in Microbiology.
- Sept. 15, 2012: Greiner Hall Students clean-up the Buffalo Central Terminal — Check out the news coverage of the clean-up and interview with Administrative Director Krista Hanypsiak on Buffalo’s local ABC news station.
- Sept. 13, 2012: Feeding 175 Students with No Trash — Read how the Honors College is leading the way in reducing waste on campus.
- Aug. 30, 2012: Research Highlights Summer Vacation for Some UB Honors College Scholars — Honors Scholars Esther Buckwalter, Haley Arnold, Geoffrey Fatin spent the summer abroad working on various research projects.
- July 6, 2012: UB Unveils Prosperity Scholarship Winners — Congratulations to our Alums and current Honors Scholars who will each receive scholarship funding to pay for their unmet costs to attend UB.
- June 28, 2012: UB rower headed to Worlds — Honors scholar Cornelia Willis became the first UB student to qualify for the U-23 Rowing World Championships.
- June 26, 2012: Research Opportunities at UB Push Undergraduate Education Boundaries — Phil Tucciarone knew as a high school student that he wanted to study nanotechnology; it was just a matter of where.
- June 21, 2012: UB Sophomore Receives Prestigious Boren Scholarship — Sarah Boerschig, a sophomore history and Asian studies major and University Honors College scholar is the first UB student to receive the 2012 David L. Boren Scholarship from the National Security Education Program.
- May 21, 2012: Fulbright Fellowships — Three University at Buffalo students have received prestigious Fulbright Fellowships.
Last updated: September 12, 2018 4:49 pm EST